Is swimming holding you back from having the triathlon that you want? Do you feel fatigued after a few strokes? Can you ‘swim’ but can’t really ‘swim’?
Many new triathletes describe the swim as the most significant barrier to enjoying the sport. We can help you eliminate your anxiety about swimming while becoming balanced, streamlined, and confident with your swim. We will help you build an efficient freestyle stroke to feel comfortable and competitive in the water. With small class sizes that guarantee individual attention, veteran swimmer and USAT Level I coach Dana Pierik will guide you to swim success.
In 6 Weeks, Well-Fit’s Swim Technique I will offer the following:
- Four weeks of indoor pool work and two weeks of open water swim training
- Before and after video stroke analysis to show your progress
- A curriculum that will teach you a proper body position, improved breathing capability, and freestyle swim mechanics
- Progressive drills for comfort, balance, and building the individual elements of the freestyle stroke
- Open water swim technique, including wetsuit basics, sighting, and how to adapt your indoor pool abilities to the lake
While swimmers of all levels will benefit from this class, it is designed for newer swimmers and triathletes or swimmers who lack formalized swim training.
UIC Student Health Center, 828 S. Wolcott in July.
Ohio Street Beach in August.
Thursdays 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm, July 7, 14, 21, and 28 and August 4 and 11.
Well-Fit Members $250
REGISTER ** Class cost will be refunded 50% if canceled no later than 2 weeks prior to the start date. After 2 weeks there will be NO REFUNDS. Injuries will be dealt with on a case to case basis. Any coupons or other discounts must be taken at time of purchase only.**